SCARECROW WALK 2023
September 29 - October 31
Riverfront Park East End (131 E Hydraulic Ave, Yorkville)
The Scarecrow Walk is BACK this fall and we are inviting you to show off your creativity and submit a scarecrow! Individual families and businesses are encouraged and welcome to participate. Scarecrows can be simple, extravagant, spooky, or fun - just be creative! Please note, all scarecrows must be family-friendly. The Scarecrow Walk is located in the woods on the Eastern end of Riverfront Park (131 E Hydraulic Ave, Yorkville) and will be available beginning September 29th throughout the month of October. Please contact the Recreation Department at email@example.com with any questions!
Interested in creating a scarecrow this year? Fill out this form!
CALLING ALL BUSINESSES!
Take advantage of this FREE advertising opportunity by providing a scarecrow for the 2023 Scarecrow Walk!
NEW THIS YEAR: VOTING!
After walking through the trails at Riverfront Park, vote for your favorite scarecrows! Simply scan the QR code on any scarecrow's sign and pick your top 3. Winners will be announced on the United City of Yorkville and Parks and Recreation Department Facebook pages at Facebook.com/YorkvilleParksandRec.
Not sure what to look for? See the Scarecrow Sign Example to help you identify these signs in the park.
Overall the design and creation of your scarecrow is up to your group; however, the following are some general guidelines for consideration when building your scarecrow:
- Be as creative and fun as you want! Spooky is okay, but please be sure your scarecrow is appropriate and family-friendly.
- The Scarecrow Walk is along a trail at Riverfront Park which is open to the public and not consistently monitored. Items may get stolen.
- Due to the unpredictable weather in October and the presence of wildlife along the trail, the materials provided for your scarecrow may get dirty, torn, and/or damaged.
- Scarecrows can be made with any materials; however, please incorporate a support structure to assist in hanging/placing your scarecrow along the trail.
- An example of this would be a wooden "T" or cross that the scarecrow is secured to, or that is placed within the clothing of the scarecrow.
- Scarecrows will be returned to the organization once taken down at the end of October. You will be contacted with pick-up information at that time.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR SCARECROW
All scarecrows must be dropped off by Monday, September 25th in the parking lot of City Hall (651 Prairie Pointe Dr, Yorkville) between Noon-4:30pm to be added to the walk. Please ensure that you have incorporated a support structure into your scarecrow design to assist in hanging/placing your scarecrow along the trail.