Park Reservation Process

Yorkville Parks are available to reserve for parties or groups over 20 or more. All reservations require a deposit and reservation fee as outlined in the Park Reservation Policy. Reserving a park allows users exclusive use of the reserved amenity(such as a shelter or picnic table). All parks will remain open to the public as all Yorkville Parks are public parks. If you would like reserve a park please fill out the Park Reservation Application.  

If you entered this page after submitting your application it has been received and will be reviewed by a member of the Parks and Recreation Staff. Below you will find more information on the next steps of the reservation process:

1. Application Reviewed by Staff 

All applications will be reviewed by Parks and Recreation staff within 2-3 business days of submission.

2. Follow Up

Once your application has been reviewed staff will follow up with if any more information is needed(such as a formal plan, certificate of insurance or additional information)

3. Payment of Fees

A staff member will reach out to you via phone to collect a payment of the required deposits and fees. Fees and deposits cannot be paid until all required documentation has been submitted. Dates, times, and locations will not be guaranteed/approved until all fees are paid. Methods of payment include cash, check, credit card(VIsa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover). Deposits paid by cash and check will be returned via checks. Refund checks can take up to 4 weeks to process based on the City of Yorkville's bill list schedule.


Questions regarding park reservation applications may be emailed to the Parks and Recreation Department at or by calling 630-553-4357.

Ball Field Reservations

Ball fields are reserved through the Recreation Department's athletic division. Ball field rentals are subject to availability as many fields are utilized by the Recreation Department and local travel organizations. For more information please email the Recreation Department at .

Beecher Community Center

The Beecher Community Center can be reserved by calling Senior Services Associates at 630-553-5777 . 

Vending in the Park

Park vendors are subject to approval by the Yorkville Parks and Recreation Department and the United City of Yorkville Clerk's Office. For more information please download the Park Vendor Application.

Frequently Asked Questions 

When do I need to reserve a park?

Per the Park Reservation Policy, gatherings with an estimated attendance of 20 people or more require a reservation. Picnics, short get-togethers, and visits to a park do not require a reservation. All park use is on a first come, first served basis. 

Will the park be closed down during my rental?

No-All parks must remain open to the public during operating hours(dawn-dusk for most parks).  By reserving a park you are granted use to the amenity, shelter, or area reserved but access to the other features of the park cannot be denied. 

Can I grill or have a bonfire during my park rental?

No-City ordinances do not allow grilling in any city park. 

Do you provide tables and chairs?

No-The Parks and Recreation Department does not provide tables and chairs. Tables and chairs may be brought to the park if needed but must be removed after the rental.

When will my deposit be refunded?

Deposits paid by credit card are refunded two business days after the rental back to the credit/debit card that was used to pay the deposit. Refunds can take a number of days to show up on your bank statement(dependent on bank). Deposits made via cash and check will be refunded via check and can take up to 3-4 weeks to process depending on City of Yorkville's bills list schedule. Deposit refunds are pending an inspection of the reserved park by Parks and Recreation staff as outlined in the Park Reservation Policy. 

Can I decorate the park during my rental?

Yes-temporary decorations may be put up during your rental. All decorations must be removed after your rental has ended. All decorations must be fastened in a temporary fashion(ei taped) and must not damage any of the park equipment, playgrounds, or shelters. 

Can I set up a tent at the park?

Small, pop-up type tents may be set up during your rental. Large, pole tents require further arrangements and approval by Parks and Recreation staff. 

Can I set up an inflatable or other large activity during my rental?

All requests to set up special amenities (such as inflatable bounce houses) must be approved by Parks and Recreation Staff. Requests are granted on a case-by-case basis.