- Trash & Recycling Services
- Recycling Information
- E-Waste Recycling
Electronics recycling is included as a part of the City's solid waste and recycling collection services provided by Groot. This is a call-in service that is free-of-charge to Yorkville residents within City limits. Please note the specifics of the program as outlined below.
Scheduling and Pick-Up Logistics
To schedule a pick-up, you must call Groot at 630-892-9294. Groot will give you a pick-up date. Make sure to place your item on the curb on the day of your scheduled collection.
- Collection is limited to households and household material only. No items from businesses are allowed.
- Curbside collection only. All items must be placed on the curb in order to be collected.
- Extremely large or hard to handle items may incur charges to the resident.
- This program excludes televisions over 50 pounds.
17 Items that Require a Scheduled Collection - Contact Groot at 630-892-9294
This list of 17 items are not allowed to go in the trash. By Illinois law, these items cannot go into a landfill Please call Groot directly to schedule an E-waste collection at 630-892-9294.
- Computers (desktop, laptop, notebook, & tablet)
- Electronic Keyboards
- Facsimile Machines (Fax Machines)
- Videocassette Recorders
- Portable Digital Music Players
- Digital Video Disc Players
- Video Game Consoles
- Small Scale Servers
- Electronic Mice
- Digital Converter Boxes
- Cable Receivers
- Satellite Receivers
- Digital Video Disc Recorders
|ITEMS THAT MAY BE THROWN AWAY IN YOUR TRASH|
| Answering Machines|| Copy Machines||Postage Machines||Typewriters|
| Calculators||Dehumidifiers*||Power Tools|
|Camcorders||DVDs with cases||Small Home Appliances [blenders, fans, toasters, toaster ovens, vacuum cleaners, etc]||Vacuum Cleaners|
|Cameras||Humidifiers||Stereos / Receivers||VHS tapes and cases|
|CD Drives||Media [software, floppy discs, CDs, DVDs, cassette tapes, VHS tapes]||Switch Boxes||Video Game Controllers|
|CDs with cases||Microphones||Tape Drives||Word Processors|
|Cell Phones / PDAs||Microwaves||Telecommunications equipment [phones, phone systems, answering machines, intercom systems]||Zip Drives |
|Christmas / Holiday light strands||Modems||Toner and Printer Cartridges [must be contained in a bag]|
|Circuit Boards||Phones||Treadmills (special pick up required)|