How do I submit a claim to the City for damage to my vehicle as a result of hitting a pothole?

All claims must be submitted to the City Administration Department in writing, and must include the following:

  • a brief description of what happened, including the date, time, damage incurred, and any documentation you have
  • pictures of damage (if possible)
  • copy/copies of all repair bills incurred as a result of the damage

Once all of the above information has been submitted in writing to the City Administration Department, all claims will be turned over to the City's insurance company for evaluation and determination of acceptance or denial of the claim. The City defers all decisions and judgement of claims acceptance or denial to the City's insurance company. The City does not make the decision to approve or deny any claims and holds no authority to overturn decisions rendered by the insurance company.

Show All Answers

1. Who is responsible for reseeding after parkway tree removal?
2. Where can I find information about getting my parkway tree removed/replaced?
3. Why was my parkway tree trimmed?
4. When is the next large brush pick-up?
5. Why is leaf pick-up so early in the season?
6. Who is responsible for water basin/retention pond maintenance?
7. Does the City provide mosquito control?
8. How do I find out if my street is on the Road to Better Roads list for repairs this year?
9. How do I submit a claim to the City for damage to my vehicle as a result of hitting a pothole?
10. Does Yorkville have train horn quiet zones?
11. Does Public Works rent meters to hook up to fire hydrants?
12. What is the order in which streets will be plowed after snowfall?
13. Is there a time limit to reporting mailbox damage as a result of a plow truck striking my mailbox?
14. Mailbox reimbursement due to snow plow damage is set at $125.00, can I appeal for a higher reimbursement?