Natural Gas ProviderWhen you move into the United City of Yorkville you can contact Nicor Gas at 888-642-6748 or at their website to establish your service.
Reporting ProblemsContact Nicor Gas immediately if you experience a sudden interruption of service or can smell, hear, or see possible effects of natural gas on the environment. For more information on leak detection, click here.
Smelling Natural GasIf you smell natural gas, it should be reported to Nicor Gas (unless it's a faint odor near an appliance that goes away after the pilot is lit). Nicor Gas adds a distinctive odor to natural gas as a way to alert you to a gas leak. To help you recognize this odor (which many people equate to that of rotten eggs) you can request a scratch and sniff sample. Simply email Nicor Gas and include the following:
- Your name
- Number of scratch and sniff slips you are requesting
Hearing Natural GasThe sound of natural gas leaking is often a hissing sound. If you hear a blowing or hissing sound coming from a building that uses natural gas:
- Exit immediately.
- Leave doors and windows open as you exit.
- Do not open windows if they're not already open.
- Do not use your telephone or cell phone, operate any appliances, light a match or turn light switches on or off.
- Call Nicor Gas at 888-642-6748 from a neighboring location.