What should I do if I move in or out of Yorkville?

When you move in or out of Yorkville you will need to request a stop or start service request. To simplify the process, the United City of Yorkville has made one form which addresses all City services simultaneously.

Which Services Does This Form Start/Stop?

By filling out and submitting the City Utility Service Form, you will start/stop services for water, sewer, garbage, and sanitary district (wastewater reclamation). Once you click submit, your form will be processed by the utility billing clerk. Please note that residents of Grande Reserve Subdivision will be billed directly by Fox Metro for their sanitary district bills in addition to the City utility bill for water, sewer, and garbage; however, you do not need to contact Fox Metro to start or stop your services, filling out the Meter Read Request will address that for you. If you choose not to receive a copy of the Meter Read Request form before you click submit, there will be no confirmation email or contact from the City in regard to service on your account until you receive your first bill unless further information is required by the City to complete your request.

Starting Services

If you are starting services, your account number will be on your first bill. Bills are issued every two months, and you should receive them within the first 2 weeks of every odd numbered month, to be due the first week of the even numbered months. Due dates may vary month to month, please be sure to check your bills.

Stopping Services

If you are requesting a final bill, please submit with a minimum of 5 days' notice and ensure that you have provided either a forwarding address for your final bill if you are a renter/landlord or the fax/email of the lawyer for your closing if you are selling.

New Construction & Ordering/Replacing Trash Totes

If your home is new construction, you will order your trash totes at the bottom of the request form. New totes should be delivered by Groot within approximately 10 business days, during that time until your totes are delivered you may still place your trash and recycling out to the curb for collection. If your home is not new construction and your totes are missing/damaged or you want to change the size of your totes, you will need to contact the City Utility Billing Clerk directly at 630-553-4350. When you move out of Yorkville, please leave your totes with the residence.

Senior Refuse Discount for Residents Age 65 and Older

If you are 65 or older, you qualify for a discount on the refuse (trash) portion of your bill. To take advantage of this discount you will need to bring a state ID or driver's license to City Hall (800 Game Farm Rd). Once we have verified your ID the discount will be applied to all bills moving forward from the date of receipt.

 To start or stop services, please submit the City Utility Service Form online.

Show All Answers

1. When are utility bills sent to customers?
2. Will any part of the city not receive a bill from the United City of Yorkvlle?
3. Who should I contact to set up my utility billing account?
4. When will my meter be read?
5. How can I pay my bill?
6. Why am I mailing my utility bill to Carol Stream, Illinois?
7. Is direct debit billing available?
8. What is MyGovHub?
9. Why is my final water bill usage so high?
10. What are the WINF, RINF & SINF charges on the Utility Bill?
11. What should I do if I move in or out of Yorkville?
12. Is a senior citizen discount available?
13. How do I apply for the Snowbird or Vacancy Rate?