Our area is experiencing a flash drought -https://www.drought.gov/drought-status-updates/drought-status-update-midwest-6-16-22. During this time, we remind all residents that automatic sprinkling or automatic watering systems is allowed ONLY between the hours of 5 and 9 a.m. and/or 9 p.m. and midnight as follows:
- Even-numbered addresses on even-numbered calendar days only during permitted hours of water use
- Odd-numbered addresses on odd-numbered calendar days only during permitted hours of water use
City staff will be touring the City during this flash drought to make sure residents are in compliance and the City’s water supply is stable.
The following is NOT restricted as to the hours or days when water may be used:
- Landscape watering or sprinkling done by the use of a hand-held watering device
- The filling of swimming pools with a volume of 50 gallons or less of water
- The automatic watering of trees and shrubs by means of automatic root-feed or drip-irrigation systems within the drip line of the tree or shrub
- Vehicle and equipment washing
The laying of new lawns or landscaping is not permitted between Jul 1 - August 31. However, because of the flash drought the Sod Ban will start immediately.
For more information on the water conservation ordinance and water restrictions, including the sod ban, please visit: https://www.yorkville.il.us/211/Watering-Restrictions?fbclid=IwAR1TX22LY5WpH2rXgWXKEv7LMIZOncpsgI5go_D_VYw2X3PqPS9qPAbSeNU