Dear Residents and Business Owners,
The City of Yorkville has been tracking the COVID-19 updates from the CDC, and we are participating in the Governor’s weekly phone conference for municipal officials.
The spirit of cooperation has been very impressive. The response of local organizations and agencies is what we have seen through the years when challenges occur in our greater community. We ask everyone to please follow the CDC’s coronavirus health instructions by frequently washing your hands, avoiding touching your face, covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze, and keeping a courteous social distance from those around you.
- The public is encouraged to complete applications and make payments online, via phone, or they may be dropped off in the deposit box located in the parking lot at City Hall.
- The Police Department will remain open and respond to emergencies.
- Employees and residents are encouraged to limit unnecessary social interaction.
- Please call to check on elderly neighbors or relatives who live alone.
We, along with the Yorkville Chamber of Commerce, encourage you to continue to support local businesses by utilizing curb-side pick-up, delivery or drive-thru where available. Here are some tips to help our local businesses during these difficult times:
- GIVE THE GIFT OF BUSINESS – If you typically frequent a business, buy a gift card that covers your usual patronage. Then spread out the use of the gift card over time. In addition, give one as a gift to someone that might not normally shop there.
- KEEP YOUR SUBSCRIPTION/MEMBERSHIP – Many small businesses rely on your support to keep their doors open. If you have a subscription or membership to a gym, exercise class, music lessons, dance academy, etc. – pay and keep them current. Your subscription could save a business.
- BUY NOW PICK UP LATER – If you planned on buying a manufactured product like a guitar, clothing, or specialized good – call instead and buy it, have them set it aside, and pick it up later. Shopping local businesses online is a great option as well.
We will continue to provide updates by email, on www.Yorkville.il.us and through our social media platforms as we monitor this rapidly changing situation. Thank you very much for your assistance. We’re all in this together, let’s help one another out.
John Purcell, Mayor