Police Officer Recruitment, Testing & Promotion
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE YORKVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT!
Unfortunately, the police officer application process is CLOSED. If you have applied, please check back for updates.
If you have submitted an application and are in the process or have a follow-up question regarding the application process, please contact Deputy Chief Ray Mikolasek at 630-553-4340.
***THE UNITED CITY OF YORKVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER***
***THE UNITED CITY OF YORKVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER***
***Click here to see Civilian Employment Opportunities***
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Starting Salary: $64,927
- Top Salary: $98,138 (5 year top-out)
- Police Pension
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Optical and life Insurance benefits
- Vacation Time: 40 hours after 6 months
- Holiday and Sick Leave
- Uniforms are Provided
- U.S Citizenship
- No Felony conviction (or any misdemeanor conviction involving moral turpitude)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum of 21 years of age and UNDER 35 years of age at the time the eligibility list is posted (Unless otherwise exempt by Statute)
- High School Diploma or G.E.D equivalent
- Possess an Associate’s Degree from an accredited community college or junior college -OR- a Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university -OR- has earned a minimum of 60 credit hours toward a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university -OR- has served a minimum of 24 months of honorable active duty in the service of the United States Armed Forces -OR- have served a minimum of 180 days of active combat duty in the service of the armed forces of the United States, as recognized by the Department of Defense and has not been discharged dishonorably or under less than honorable conditions.
- Pass a Written Examination
- Pass an Oral Interview
- Pass an in-depth background Investigation including a polygraph examination
- Pass medical (Including drug screen, hearing and eye examination) and psychological exams after conditional offer of employment
- Previous disqualifications do not preclude you from re-applying.
Current Police Officer Eligibility List/Initial Eligibility List
This list is final and reflects the addition of preference points.
Current Police Sergeant Eligibility List
This list is effective April 16, 2018 and expires on April 16, 2021.
Questions regarding the general operations of the Yorkville Police Department, Benefits and day to day activities should be forwarded to our recruitment team members.