Search Our Site!

Home > Living in Yorkville > Community Resources > Frequently Asked Questions
Community Resources

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Where can I find statistics for population and demographics for the United City of Yorkville?
A. Population and demographics for the United City of Yorkville can be obtained from statistics provided by the Yorkville Economic Development Corporation. Additional demographics are available through this Web site by clicking here.

Q. Where can I find information about the structure of the city's government.
A. Information can be found on this Web site under city government.

Q. How can I get involved in the community?
A. There are many organizations in the city that welcome new faces and input. A few of those organizations are the Moose International, the Optimist Club, the Junior Women's Club, the Yorkville Garden Club, Kiwanis, the Yorkville Citizen's Police Academy Alumni and Friends of the Library. You can also volunteer for a United City of Yorkville committee or commission. The Plan Commission, Park Board, Library Board, Fire & Police Commission, Human Resource Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, Green Committee, Ad-hoc Senior Committee and the Facade Committee are staffed by community volunteers. Members of these volunteer commissions and committees are appointed by the Mayor. To serve on a committee or commission an Application for Commission Appointment must be completed and sent to the Mayor's attention at City Hall at 800 Game Farm Road, Yorkville, IL 60560.

Q. How can I apply for a job with the city?
A. The city posts all current job openings here. Additional information is available by calling Human Resources at 630.553.8531.

Q. When is brush and refuse pick up?
A. Brush and refuse pick up information is available in the city's newsletter mailed to every resident or clicking on the Refuse and Brush pick up schedule.

Q. Who can I call if my refuse is not picked up?
A. You can call Veolia Environmental Services at 630.587.8282. Please keep in mind that holidays may affect date of pick up. Service should run a day late in the event of a holiday closing.

Q. I am a new Yorkville resident, who can I call to set up my utilities?
A. Nicor can be reached at 1.888.642.6748. ComEd at 1.800.334.7661. For water, sewer and refuse pick up you need to call City Hall at 630.553.8522.

Q. Where can I get a permit to build a fence, pool or deck?
A. The Building Safety and Zoning Department can answer your questions and send you the appropriate forms. Information is available by calling 630.553.8545.

Q. How can I receive information on current development planned for the city?
A. Information on current developments may be obtained by attending the following meetings: City Council, Planning Commission and the Economic Development Committee. The City's Meeting Calendar lists all meetings, times and locations.

Q. Who can I contact if I have a question about my water bill?
A. You can call City Hall at 630.553.8522.

Q. Where can I found out about the many recreational/tourism opportunities in and around the United City of Yorkville?
A. You can contact the city at 630.553.4350 or visit

If you have any questions concerning any of the above information you can contact City Hall at 630.553.4350.